Call for Tutorials
The ICARA Organizing Committee invites proposals for Tutorials to be held during the 2022 8th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications (ICARA 2022) in Prague, Czech Republic from 18th February till 20th February 2022. Tutorials offer participants from different technical backgrounds the chance to explore innovative trends and learn new techniques from experts in the field. There will be two forms of tutorials at ICARA 2022 full-day, half-day (morning or afternoon), and mini tutorials. The full-day and half-day tutorials will be held on February 20, 2022, and the mini-tutorials (~1.5 hours) will be integrated into the main technical program on February 18-19, 2022, in coordination with an integrated program of activities associated with the ICARA 2022 innovation themes.
The proposal should include a (maximum) three-page description of the tutorial (see below for details) and 1 page professional biographies of the tutorial speakers that highlight their qualifications and track record in the proposed subject area of the tutorial. The three-page tutorial proposal should contain the following information:
- Format of the tutorial: full-day, half-day, mini-tutorial.
- Title and abstract: Propose a title and an abstract that allows conference attendees to quickly and accurately understand the subject matter of the tutorial.
- Motivation and Focus: Explain why your topic is important to the ICARA community and what you hope the participants will learn by attending your tutorial. In this section, please provide a syllabus outlining the content of the tutorial and the learning outcomes. This syllabus should be realistic, given the time available.
- List of speakers: This is in addition to the tutorial organizers. Some tutorials may feature several speakers that should be advertised, but it is not necessary, nor a requirement. Tutorials should not become de facto mini-symposia with many speakers. If you plan to have multiple speakers, please provide their names and affiliations and clearly describe the part of the tutorial that they will cover.
- Basic structure of the Tutorial: In this section, please describe your use of the time available. (e.g., morning lectures: fundamentals and case studies; afternoon panel discussion or brain-storming sessions, etc.).